Our Red Cross Youth Units, as members of the International Red Cross Movement, aim at protecting life and health, serving the community and putting the spirit of humanity in action. These uniformed units are attached to secondary schools, youth centers and our Red Cross Divisional Headquarters, and members are aged from 12 to 17.
Uniqueness of Activities
- Through ‘Progressive Program’, members are nurtured stage by stage to embrace the mission of Red Cross Uniformed Groups; and to be equipped with leadership skills, health care knowledge, discipline and social service skills in order to provide a variety of quality services to the needy in the community.
- Members are involved in managing and launching services to enable them to attain personal growth.
Progressive Activities Scheme
|1. Protect life and health|
|2. Serve the community|
|3. Enhance mutual understanding and respect|
|4. Disseminate Red Cross humanitarian value|
|5. Develop personal potential|
Other events include:
- First aid competition
- Health care skills competition
- Best service themes competition
- World Red Cross Day promotion program
- International friendship activities, etc.
Youth Units - Participating Schools / Organization
How to Join
At the moment, all activities and training of our Red Cross Uniformed Groups are conducted in Cantonese, and most of our reference materials are in Chinese. Due to resource limitations, HKRC have not conducted any solely-English-speaking uniformed groups.
If you are from the English speaking communities in Hong Kong and are interested in knowing more about our Uniformed Groups and other ways of participation, please contact us: Hong Kong Red Cross Youth Development Service
Tel: 2507 7145
Fax: 2845 3313