Disaster Relief & Rehabilitation
After a disaster strikes, people may be killed, injured, shocked, left homeless, or lose all the property they have. When disaster impacts are greater than the response capacity of affected people, external help is needed.
In collaboration with the Red Cross network across the mainland, the Hong Kong Red Cross responds timely to help affected people to tide over the most difficult times. We purchase emergency items in nearby locations, aiming to provide food, clothing, medicines and shelters that fit local communities best.
To ensure the effective use of donations to benefit the most needy people, our relief operations follow the Red Cross Movement’s procedure, from disaster assessment, proposal formulation, relief purchase to relief distribution in a careful and fair approach.
Post Disaster Rehabilitation Service
- Yaan housing reconstruction project - assistive devices and home modification for PWD (Chinese version only)
- Post Disaster Emergency Rehabilitation Service Manual - An experience from 2008 Sichuan Earthquake Operation
- One-stop Rehabilitation Service Management Manual (Chinese Version Only)
2018 China relief operations
- China Flood 2018: Work Report 2 - 2018.11.15
- Yunnan Mojiang Earthquake 2018: Work Report - 2018.9.12
- China Flood 2018: Work Report 1 - 2018.7.30
- Taiwan (Hualien) Earthquake 2018: Information Bulletin 1 - 2018.2.7
2017 China relief operations
- Typhoon Hato 2017: Work Report - 2017.9.14
- Sichuan (Jiuzhaigou) Earthquake 2017: Work Report 2 - 2017.8.11
- China Floods 2017: Work Report 3 - 2017.8.11
- Sichuan (Jiuzhaigou) Earthquake 2017: Work Report 1 - 2017.8.9
- China Floods 2017: Work Report 2 - 2017.7.7
- China Floods 2017: Work Report 1 - 2017.6.30
2016 China relief operations